Re: [O] writing letters using the latex letters class?

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: Re: [O] writing letters using the latex letters class?
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 11:40:38 +0000

Sebastian Christ writes:

On 2016-12-08 0:46, Stig Brautaset <address@hidden> wrote:
> That at least got me past the "Unknow LaTeX class 'letter'" > error, > but it doesn't produce a nice letter. I only get my lorem > ipsum > text. I can't figure out how to get the \begin{letter}{...} > stuff > inside the \begin{document} part automatically, nor how to > inject
 > text from #+recipient: into the second block of the
 > \begin{letter}{...} macro.

I can't actually help in using the letter class, but have you checked "Creating letters with KOMA-Script scrlttr2 and Org-mode" [1]? I've been using it excursively for all my /formal/ letter writing and it works great. Maybe you can give that a try? Plus it produces really nice
letters :)

It looks promising but I can't get it to work as I expect; is it perhaps not fully compatible with Org 9? After following the instructions on that page to the best of my abilities, and using their example document, my output contains lots of stuff that I expect to be hidden. (E.g. all
the to/from special headings etc).

Stig