Re: [O] Capture with org-directory not working?

From: Alexander Vorobiev
Subject: Re: [O] Capture with org-directory not working?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:23:39 -0600

I have recently started having this issue with my capture templates. In my case I want to ask the user (me) which file should be used to store the note, so I have a bunch of templates like this

(setq org-capture-templates
             '(("o" "Project todo" entry (file+headline (av/choose-agenda-file) "Tasks") ))

where av/choose-agenda-file uses completing-read to ask the user to choose a file from a list it constructs on the fly. This approach has worked for years and now it results in the "invalid file location" message. The backquote does not help because the function needs to be called at run time, not when the variable is defined.

Thanks,
Alex

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainer Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> But It seems to abusing the basic idea of custom-set-variables as this
>> sounds as if it is used by the customise interface.
>
> What I mean is, you can use the customize interface to store your
> org-capture-templates.  It's already set up for that.  You can either
> edit it through the customize interface, or you can edit it directly in
> the init file and then evaluate the ~(custom-set-variables~ sexp manually.

OK - but I prefer to keep my configurations in my .emacs.el file to make
it reproducible.

Thanks,

Rainer

--