[O] translating event sexps to org for org-caldav

From: Myles English
Subject: [O] translating event sexps to org for org-caldav
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 22:43:41 +0000

Hello,

After the recent discussion about org-caldav I thought I would give it a
try.  Unfortunately it won't work for my main diary that uses a lot of
sexps[fn:1]

>From the org-caldav github page[fn:2] :

"""However, sexp-entries are insanely flexible, and there are limits as
to what the icalendar exporter will handle. For example, this here

** Regular event
   <%%(memq (calendar-day-of-week date) '(1 3 5))>

will not be exported at all."""

However, org-agenda uses these sexps to make entries in the agenda.

Would it be possible to reuse something from org-agenda to write these
entries as org items into a file that could be uploaded using
org-caldav?  Maybe org-get-entries-from-diary?  Is there a huge problem
with this that I haven't noticed?

Obviously this would just be a one-way push rather than a sync.

Thanks,
Myles

* Footnotes

[fn:1] I think I started using sexps just because org-mode can't do
e.g. "every Monday, *between these two dates*"

[fn:2] https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav