[O] How to format dates in org-table-export (Format: orgtbl-to-csv)

From: debaditya
Subject: [O] How to format dates in org-table-export (Format: orgtbl-to-csv)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:31:21 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to export an org table to csv, which contain dates in the format <%m-%d-%Y>, this i have achieved by including

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-time-stamp-custom-formats (quote ("<%m-%d-%Y>" . "<%Y-%m-%d>"))))

in my init file.

Now as this is an overlay, when I am trying to export the org table, the output dates are getting formatted as the default orgmode date format <%Y-%m-%d %a>. Naively, I tried to add in the init file

(custom-set-variables '(org-export-date-timestamp-format "%m-%d-%Y" ))

which does not change the default date format being exported.

I guess the default formatting of the orgtbl-to-csv needs to be tweaked for this purpose, but I may be wrong.

Any input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Deb