[O] org table clean up command

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: [O] org table clean up command
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 13:33:28 -0500 (EST)

I wrote a table in org-mode and a certain column in that table should have all content entries starting in character position 32. I ran cut on the table and sent output to another file in order to inspect my work and found at least one line of the table for that column had content starting in column 28. I opened the file again in org-mode and located the row and column and checked the content start position and that showed as being in column 32. So this brings up two questions. 1) When I saved that org file after checking it and found content output starting in column 32 rather than in character position 28, did org-mode clean up the table for me? 2) If org-mode did not clean up the table, does a command exist I can use to cause such a clean up to happen?