Re: [O] replying to emai with org-mode syntax in mu4e

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] replying to emai with org-mode syntax in mu4e
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 20:42:47 -0500

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey everyone, I am definitely still seeing this problem; I just sent a new email to the mu list to see if anyone there has the same issue. Google groups link is here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mu-discuss/Hvl9wzI01DA

In case, at some point, someone else starts seeing the same problem, I seem to have fixed it.  There appears to be some kind of bad chemistry between  recent org-mode, recent mu4e, and message mode.  The trick for me was making sure that org-mu4e-compose-org-mode was switched off before message-send-and-exit ran:

(defun htmlize-and-send ()
  "When in an org-mu4e-compose-org-mode message, htmlize and send it."
  (interactive)
  (when (member 'org~mu4e-mime-switch-headers-or-body post-command-hook)
    (org-mime-htmlize)
    (org-mu4e-compose-org-mode)
    (message-send-and-exit)))

The second-to-last line is my only change.

Matt

if you are able to reproduce or can see immediate errors in my ocnfig I'd be grateful to hear about it.
Thanks!