Re: [O] force italic mode?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] force italic mode?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 08:39:06 -0800

hymie! <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings.
>
> (My first question is, can I post from gmane?)
>
> I know how to make text italic by /surrounding/ it with /slashes/.
>
> I know that there's a variable (org-emphasis-regex-components) that
> specifies what characters are allowed before or after the markup
> characters.
>
> But let's say I don't want to mess with my document defaults.  I just
> want to specify, in this one particular place, that I have the word
>
> fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
>
> and I want "wuzzy" to be italic.  Is there a way I can do that?

You haven't actually said why you can't just write
/fuzzywuzzywuzzabear/, but presumably there's some reason that won't
work. You might consider literal export snippets, though then you'd need
to target each different backend you're exporting to. So you could do:

@@html:<emph>@@fuzzywuzzywuzzabear@@html:</emph>@@

For instance. Is that what you meant?