Re: [O] Obsolete org contrib package

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [O] Obsolete org contrib package
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:50:54 +0100

On Tue, Nov 08 2016, Joost Kremers wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 08 2016, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
So you mean there is no equivalent to both

  (ebib-cur-entry-key)

This one was what I was worried about, but on second thought, it should be possible to simply use:

    (ebib--get-key-at-point)

and

  (ebib-db-get-field-value 'title key ebib-cur-db)

That one's easier:
   (ebib-db-get-field-value "title" key ebib--cur-db)

"org-ebib.el" is already compatible with Org 9.0.

Ah, good, I didn't realise that.

I'm Cc'ing the author. Ideally this library should be updated to new
Ebib and moved to some ELPA.

If Grégoire doesn't want to take care of it and no one volunteers to
maintain that file, we can remove it.

I was actually planning to add this functionality to Ebib itself. So if Grégoire isn't interested in it anymore, I could put it in the Ebib repo, or create a separate repo for it, either on Github or somewhere else, wherever you prefer.

I received the following reply from Grégoire (which, although it was sent to the mailing list as well, apparently didn't show up there):

I'm Cc'ing the author. Ideally this library should be updated to new
Ebib and moved to some ELPA.

If Grégoire doesn't want to take care of it and no one volunteers to
maintain that file, we can remove it.

I don't use this package anymore.
If anyone uses it, s/he take over it, otherwise we can just remove it
from org-contrib.

Like I said, I'd be happy to take over maintainance. Just let me know how to go about making it available to org-contrib. (If there is a way to keep the file in the main Ebib repository, that would be my preference.)

Best,

Joost

--
Joost Kremers