[O] org-eldoc and shell

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: [O] org-eldoc and shell
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 17:03:59 +0200

Hi,

In org-eldoc.el, org-eldoc-get-mode-local-documentation-function function, there is this code:

(with-temp-buffer
            (funcall mode-func)
            (setq doc-func (and eldoc-documentation-function
                                (symbol-value 'eldoc-documentation-function)))
            (puthash lang doc-func org-eldoc-local-functions-cache))

Unfortunately, this code does not work for shell-mode.
Especially, if you get a temp buffer and try to turn it into shell mode,
you get an error because there is no associated process.

Emacs 25.1 uses this in the shell-mode function to find which shell:
(let ((shell (file-name-nondirectory (car
  (process-command (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))))))

but if there is no process, get-buffer-process returns nil and process-command fails.

I am only reporting this because I am not sure what to do about it
But surely it is a bit annoying that
<s TAB shell
runs into error every time.

Regards,