Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:33:21 +0200

Hello,

Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> writes:

> However I think that what you are proposing is a change in behavior
> that does not strictly solve a technical problem.

This is a change in display. I don't think it affects very much, if at
all, any "behavior", except that editing link is much more predictable.

> As such, I believe, having the [ ] markers should be an option, and
> probably not enabled by default.

On the contrary, I firmly believe this, as an option, should be enabled
by default, to be on par with everything else in Org (emphasis, macros,
sub/superscript...).

Besides, there should be little surprise with default values. I think
there are plenty of them with current display method.

Eventually, manual has a section called "Clean view" where such things
could be discussed at length. There is no "Crowded view" node, tho.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou