[O] Preserving links when using org-element-interpret-data

From: Thibault Marin
Subject: [O] Preserving links when using org-element-interpret-data
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 23:14:30 -0500

Hi all,

I am trying to use the org-element tools to modify an org file from elisp code
and I was wondering if the `org-element-parse-buffer' /
`org-element-interpret-data' combo should result in the same content as the
original buffer.  I am having issues with links where the target and the
description are both =file:= entries.

My original org looks like this:

#+NAME: org-data
#+begin_example
,#+TITLE: test

[[file:a.png][file:a.png]]
#+end_example

The elisp code parses the org file and outputs the result from
`org-element-interpret-data':

#+NAME: org-interpret
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var org-data=org-data :results verbatim

(let (org-tree)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (insert org-data)
    (setq org-tree (org-element-parse-buffer)))
  (org-element-interpret-data org-tree))

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: org-interpret
: "#+TITLE: test
:
: [[file:a.png][[[file:a.png]]]]
: "

The input link is transformed from
#+begin_example
[[file:a.png][file:a.png]]
#+end_example
#+begin_example
[[file:a.png][[[file:a.png]]]]
#+end_example

Are the additional brackets in the description expected?  Is there any way to
achieve what I want: I am trying to get org-element-interpret-data to output the
same link syntax as the input (in my real application, I am changing the
filename).

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S.: Here is my version information:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results drawer
(concat (emacs-version) "\n"
        (replace-regexp-in-string "@.*)" "@ ... )" (org-version nil t)))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
:RESULTS:
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.21.5)
 of 2016-09-05 on trouble, modified by Debian
Org-mode version 8.3.6 (release_8.3.6-1179-ga9ae0e @ ... )
:END: