[O] Bug: org-table/auctex error "Marker does not point anywhere" [8.3.6

From: Tamulis, Andrius
Subject: [O] Bug: org-table/auctex error "Marker does not point anywhere" [8.3.6 (8.3.6-3-gf46b92-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160919/)]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 12:03:50 -0500

I get an error "Marker does not point anywhere" when using orgtbl-mode while using AUCTeX to edit a .tex file.

I open the .tex file, get to the table I want to edit, then do M-x orgtbl-mode. I then tab a couple of times. Then make an edit - any edit. Tab again, and the error comes up.

I finally traced the error to the line

   '(font-lock-global-modes nil)

in my .emacs file. Comment this out, and the error does not happen.

The error also does not happen if I rename the min.tex file to min.nottex, as then auctex does not recognize the file, and does not load. So this is a joint org-table/auctex/font-lock error, and I am submitting this bug to address@hidden and to address@hidden

I really don't like font-lock, as I don't like all those colors. I'd prefer to have my font-lock-global-modes set to nil, somehow.

Minimal files and backtrace below.

Thanks,

Andrius

-----------------------------------

Files:

min.emacs:

-----------------------------------
(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/";) t)
(package-initialize)

(setq debug-on-error t)

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(font-lock-global-modes nil))

(require 'org-install)
(require 'org-table)

;; The following lines are always needed. Choose your own keys.
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-cc" 'org-capture)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)
-----------------------------------

and my min.tex:

-----------------------------------
\documentclass[%
12pt,%
%draft,%
%final,%
]{article}

\usepackage{comment}

\begin{document}

\begin{tabular}{|l|l|}
% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL inclass
\hline
Score & Criteria\\
\hline
10 & Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,\\
\hline
9 & consectetur adipiscing elit.\\
\hline
8 & Praesent eu arcu nisl.\\
\hline
7 & Aliquam sagittis aliquam iaculis.\\
\hline
6 & Proin dignissim, tellus sit amet faucibus fermentum,\\
\hline
5 & tellus tortor posuere justo,\\
0 & sit amet cursus eros felis ac lorem.\\
\hline
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL inclass
\end{tabular}
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND inclass orgtbl-to-latex :splice t :skip 0
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
| Score | Criteria                                             |
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
|    10 | Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,                          |
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
|     9 | consectetur adipiscing elit.                         |
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
|    8  | Praesent eu arcu nisl.                               |
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
|     7 | Aliquam sagittis aliquam iaculis.                    |
|     6 | Proin dignissim, tellus sit amet faucibus fermentum, |
|     5 | tellus tortor posuere justo,                         |
|     0 | sit amet cursus eros felis ac lorem.                 |
|-------+------------------------------------------------------|
\end{comment}

\end{document}
-----------------------------------

And the backtrace:

-----------------------------------
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Marker does not point anywhere")
  font-lock-default-fontify-region(537 #<marker at 1512 in min.tex> nil)
  font-latex-fontify-region(537 #<marker at 1512 in min.tex> nil)
  font-lock-fontify-region(537 #<marker at 1512 in min.tex>)
  org-table-align()
  org-table-next-field()
  orgtbl-tab(nil)
  call-interactively(orgtbl-tab)
(if (org-at-table-p) (call-interactively (quote orgtbl-tab)) (let (orgtbl-mode) (call-interactively (or (key-binding [(tab)]) (key-binding " ") (quote orgtbl-error)))))
  orgtbl-hijacker-command-102(1)
  call-interactively(orgtbl-hijacker-command-102 nil nil)
  command-execute(orgtbl-hijacker-command-102)

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Package: Org-mode version 8.3.6 (8.3.6-3-gf46b92-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160919/)
AUCTeX Package: 11.89.5