Re: [O] Bug? org-export-babel-evaluate setting breaks :exports results

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug? org-export-babel-evaluate setting breaks :exports results
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:34:24 -0700

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, William Denton wrote:

I'm working on a big Org file on a slow machine, so I set org-export-babel-evaluate to nil so exporting to PDF just generates the file from what's in the buffer, without doing any calculating.

Actually it does a lot LESS than that.

The docstring notes that:

"When set to nil no code will be evaluated as part of the export
process and no header argumentss will be obeyed."

and advises:

"Users who wish to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header
argument ‘:eval never-export’."

which sounds like what you wanted.

Chuck