Re: [O] Time to push the latest org to emacs-25 branch?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Time to push the latest org to emacs-25 branch?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 14:52:17 +0000

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this a good time to update the org version in emacs-25 branch?

I'd like to release Org 9.0 first, but that's the topic of another
thread.

OK.

Besides, I don't know what is the status of Org wrt Emacs, since some
packages are going to be moved outside of Emacs core for development and
bundled with Emacs only at the time of release.

John and Eli can correct me on this, but from what I understand, major infrastucture changes like moving the current core Emacs packages to GNU Elpa and such would only happen in version 26.1 or later.
--

Kaushal Modi