Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.2 (8.3.2-elpa @ /Users/jonathan/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150929/)]
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:38:44 +0530

Hi Nicolas,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 03:29:09PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Sorry about resuming an old thread, but how would I go about quoting
> > special characters?  I need to quote strings like '<L', '+L', etc.
> > Using double quotes here seems wrong.
>
> Why does it seem wrong?

It feels wrong as these are not English words, or phrases, but strings
with context dependent special meaning.  In my case, these are action
keys in my organisation denoting specific processes.

I also found this English.SX answer:

  http://english.stackexchange.com/a/3471

It mentions:

  [...] referring to the concept behind the word [...],

as one of the use cases for single quotes.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu