Re: [O] org-review is on melpa

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] org-review is on melpa
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 22:12:59 +0200

* Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:
> --=-=-=

Btw, is there a reason that those two lines are not part of the
header?

With my slrn config, it seems to be the case that the two lines are
not taken into account so that your non-ASCII characters are not
rendered correctly:

> On 2016-09-08 13:02, Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hallo Alan,
>>
>> I don't particularly want to discuss this here because I think
>> that I don't need org-review for now. However, I do think that you
>> should elaborate on the fact that org-review sounds very similar to
>> a simple recurring todo. What are the benefits compared to recurring
>> todos?
>
> One could indeed use recurring todos on tasks like =E2=80=9CReview Project =
> A=E2=80=9D
> and =E2=80=9CReview Project B=E2=80=9D, but it requires creating such addit=
> ional tasks
> for each project. Org-review lets you attach another timestamp,
> different from the Scheduled or Deadline ones which define when the task
> has to be done, to schedule reviews of the task or project within the
> task or project.

I see.

You might want to add this simple explanation at the top of your
README.org since it seems to summarize the main feature of your cool
tool for Org-mode savvy people.

Thanks!

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github