Re: [O] Improving debugging experience of latex errors on export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Improving debugging experience of latex errors on export
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 15:27:40 +0100

On Wednesday,  7 Sep 2016 at 14:18, Giacomo M wrote:
> I'm using latexmk w/ pdflatex for my org2pdf exports. When I get a "PDF
> file produced with errors.", then I go to "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*"
> buffer to try to understand what is happening.

[...]

> I was wondering whether this latex "debugging" setup could be also used
> during org export, and how, or more generally how I can improve the
> debugging experience of latex export errors.

I do pretty much the same as you: go to the LaTeX file to see if I can
identify the cause of the error reported in the PDF buffer.  There's no
easy way to accomplish the same directly from org
unfortunately.  Sometimes, the context given in the PDF output is enough
to point me to the right place in the org file but not often...

I look forward to seeing inputs from others on this.

I will say, however, that using org means less LaTeX errors than I would
usually encounter when writing LaTeX directly!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.94.1, Org release_8.3.5-1070-g190476