Re: [O] How to populate a 'list of figures'?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] How to populate a 'list of figures'?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 16:02:45 +0100

Peter Frings <address@hidden> writes:

>> On 07 Sep 2016, at 12:52, Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> I'm having great difficulty in being able to generate and populate a
>> 'list of figures' in my orgmode-2-latex document. I currently have this
>> as a figure in my org-mode file -
>
> [snip]
>
>> However, when I generate the pdf using xelatex all that it shows for my
>> list of figures is 'List of Figures'!
>>
>> So how can I get the list of figures to be populated please?
>
> To get the list of figures (or any other reference, for that matter), you
> have to typeset your
> document twice. The first time, tex build a list of figures (in a separate
> file, with .lof
> extension); the second time, it inserts that list where the \listoffigures{}
> is. This is common to
> tex: you have to typeset twice to get the references and lists correct.

Thanks Peter. But I'm typesetting it at least three times. But its just
not building the list of figures.

However, if I run 'mklatex' on my source file it generates a 'foo.lof',
but doesn't actually populate the 'list of figures'! And 'mklatex'
doesn't finish either! But then I'm just learning how to actually use
it.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk