Re: [O] Emacs movement keys

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs movement keys
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:49:57 -0300

On 23 August 2016 at 16:38, Eduardo Mercovich <address@hidden> wrote:
> |           | move | move | del   | del  |
> | object    | prev | next | back  | forw |
> |-----------+------+------+-------+------|
> | text      | M <  | M >  | -     | -    |
> | screen    | M v  | C v  | -     | -    |
> | paragraph | M p  | M n  | -     | -    |
> | sentence  | M a  | M e  | -     | M-k  |
> | line ↑ ↓  | C p  | C n  | -     | -    |
> |      < >  | C a  | C e  | -     | C-k  |
> | word      | M b  | M f  | M-DEL | M-d  |
> | char      | C b  | C f  | DEL   | C-d  |

Yes, these bindings are very useful.  And did you know that even
outside Emacs you can move/delete wordwise by pressing ctrl togeter
with the right/left arrows or delete or backspace?  I only learned it
a few months ago.  I learned it in [1], even though this wordwise
movement/deletion also works outside LibreOffice as well.
1: https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/General_Shortcut_Keys_in

However, in my Emacs, backward-paragraph is bound to M-{, not M-p, and
forward-paragraph is bound to M-}, not M-n.  M-n and M-p are undefined
here, except in specific modes (the only one I remember is the
minibuffer). Have you bound these keys yourself?  Here I use Emacs
25.1-rc2.  I confirmed with a vanilla session (invoked by emacs -Q).

--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.