Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:13:15 -0400

Checkout http://github.com/jkitchin/scimax. With git installed it will install an opinionatedly configured Emacs. Most of my students use it. I would just have each user install it.

On Monday, August 22, 2016, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I am asking a n00b question here: what the is best way to get org (+
emacs obviously) on an MS Windows 7 pro system for use by more than one
user on the system (multiple accounts with users not having
Administrator accounts)?  I don't need bleeding edge versions of either
org or emacs but hopefully something relatively up to date.

The few times I have had to use a Windows system (luckily very seldom
;-), I have simply installed cygwin and gone from there.  This is not a
viable solution in this case due to the users concerned.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.94.1, Org release_8.3.5-1070-g190476

--
John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F