Re: [O] Scaling of image previews in org-mode

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] Scaling of image previews in org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 08:11:34 +0000

>>> "John" == John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

   > I use this code here:
   > https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-org.el#L957

   > to provide inline scaling in Emacs when it is not built with imagemagick.

Hi

Could that package or parts of it also be used in other modes?

I have the problem of displaying images in latex buffers (using auctex)

The only available tool I know is iimage.el, but this package does not
allow to re-seize the displayed image. I asked about it on emacs devel
and the answer was: «please send a patch or wait», fail enough

I just attach the mail in question below in order to clarify.

,----

| I just learnt about iimage.el, which is now part of GNU emacs core. I
| like it quite a lot, the only thing which I find a bit inconvenient on
| my 12 inch Laptop is the size of the images displayed. I did not find
| any variable in which the size of images could be changed.
|

| The author's address does not work anymore, so I looked at the code it
| seems that the essential part is this:
|
|   (if arg
|                   (add-text-properties (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)
|                                        `(display ,(create-image file)
|                                                   ^^^^^
|                                          modification-hooks
|                                          (iimage-modification-hook)))
|

| Now I checked that function and its documentation says
| ,----
| [+]
| |

`----