[O] Documentclass for latex preview images

From: Maik Schünemann
Subject: [O] Documentclass for latex preview images
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 15:22:22 +0200

Hi,

Is there an option to set the documentclass that is used in temporary files to create latex preview images?

I am writing math texts with org mode and am using amsthm for theorems etc and let them be counted by chapter:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{amsthm}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}[chapter]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{defn}{Definition}[chapter]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{prop}{Proposition}[chapter]

After I put these lines in my .org file, latex preview images stopped working although latex export still did. The problem is that in the temporary files used to generate the preview images, the documentclass article is used which doesn't define the counter chapter.

I managed to resolve this issue for me by checking for presence of the counter.
#+LATEX_HEADER: \makeatletter
#+LATEX_HEADER: address@hidden@#1}{#3}{#2}}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \makeatother
#+LATEX_HEADER: \ifcounter{chapter}{
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}[chapter]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{defn}{Definition}[chapter]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newtheorem{prop}{Proposition}[chapter]
#+LATEX_HEADER: }{}

Is there a downside to using the same document class as the org file specifies for export to create the preview images?

Thanks,
Maik