Re: [O] ox-freemind

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] ox-freemind
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:09:56 -0500

marvin doyley <address@hidden> writes:

> I am playing with the org-mode to freemind exporter and was wondering
> how to show an association between two nodes.  For example, lets say I
> have an org-file
>
> #+title: Cars
> * Models
> ** BMW
> * Colors
> ** Black

> I would like to link Black with BMW so that when it is exported to
> freemind there is an arrow going from Black to BMW. Does anybody know
> how to do this ?

Hi Marvin,

Did you ever find a way to do this?  I've always been interested in a
two-way org-freemind converter, if anyone ever makes one.  I don't know
if either program supports enough features of the other to make a
one-to-one conversion possible.

Did you try using regular org-mode links, either in the headings or in
the node contents?  Theoretically it would be possible to make it work
with org-ids, but I don't know if the exporter has support for that.

Of course, working with freemind files means working with XML, so it's
not exactly a fun project...