Re: [O] Babel CALL no longer produces HTML output

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: [O] Babel CALL no longer produces HTML output
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 19:52:58 +0300

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2016, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
>> The Org example below used to work correctly when exported as HTML
>> until I pulled a newer version of Org from git. I am first going to
>> include the example here, and then explain the reasoning behind its
>> structure.
>>

> Commit dbb375f mades changes to the babel call handling.
>
> IIUC, one result is that header args in the src block being called
> take precedence over default header args. More below.

>> * Example
>>
>>  This call here produced HTML output when exported as HTML until the
>>  newer versions of Org. Now it produces no HTML output whatsoever.
>>
>>  #+CALL: rekursio-pystyviivat[:noweb yes]() :results html
>>

> Try this:
>
> #+CALL: rekursio-pystyviivat[:noweb yes :exports results]() :results html

Yes! It works now, thank you very, very much. More below.

> Since you have `:exports code' here, that prevents the evaluation of the
> babel call above:
>

>>  #+NAME: rekursio-pystyviivat
>>  #+BEGIN_SRC processing :exports code :noweb no
>
> I am not sure I find this new behavior to be an improvement.

The new behaviour actually makes sense to me: I need to override all the
parameters from the original Babel block. If this is really the case, I
am more than fine with it: I think it makes the system more logical and
provides full control.

Again, thanks!

Jarmo