Re: [O] how to speed up an org-mode file?

From: Leslie Watter
Subject: Re: [O] how to speed up an org-mode file?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:55:53 -0300

IMHO if you can split the file in more than one .org file you'll get a better experience.

I've been working on machines with less than 8Gb of ram in files that are bigger than yours ( 1.2Mb org with lots of latex, R and other things )
and haven't got a trouble.

One thing that 've noticed is that, if I start the whole text shown, manipulating the file is much slower than if I got only the section I'll work on at that time. You'll probably should give it a try, e.g. opening only the section you'll work on.

Cheers,

Leslie