[O] Feature request: enable toggling of \centering in Latex figure expor

From: Spencer Hill
Subject: [O] Feature request: enable toggling of \centering in Latex figure export
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 19:46:56 -0700

Hello,

First time contributor.  Emacs 24.5.1, Org mode 8.3.4.

MWE:
#+CAPTION: Figure caption.
[[file:figure01.pdf]]

Issue:
When an image is exported to LaTeX as a float, the \centering command is hard-coded into the export: see org-latex--inline-image in ox-latex.el.  This is not the case for tables, for which centering can be toggled via #+ATTR_LATEX: centering t.  I would like for this same centering option to be made available for figure floats also.

Motivation:
I am attempting to render a .tex file for an article submission to a journal, and the publisher requires the figures to be left-aligned.

It seems like a simple enough patch, but I have 0 elisp experience so wouldn't be the person for the job.  Or let me know if I'm missing something.  Thanks!

Best,
Spencer

Spencer Hill
address@hidden