Re: [O] The power of '-'

From: Brenda Butler
Subject: Re: [O] The power of '-'
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:24:44 -0400

I'm not super advanced in org-mode, so take what I have to say as "non-authoritative", but:

I don't think you need any prefix on lines in your org-mode file.
Lines with some number of * are headers as you noted
Lines that start with a - make a list of items.

I'm not sure what you can do with lists ... but probably that has an effect on formatting.
So you can have a paragraph (no prefix), then a list (list items start with -) then another paragraph ...

I haven't tried to "export" my org files so I don't know how it would look.  I just use the files as a todo/done list/database/thing.

bjb