Re: [O] Using org-mode as a personal help desk tool

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-mode as a personal help desk tool
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:44:53 -0500

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Eric Abrahamsen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Roland Everaert <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working as a sysadmin, In the organization, we use 2 tools to
>> keep track of requests sent by the customers/users. As you can expect,
>> those tools are not meant to be used to track all the gritty details
>> of a sysadmin's job.

[snip]

>> 4. Being able to search for a particular aspect or getting a list of
>> them and access it.
>
> I actually don't think there's any built-in way of searching files in an
> org-attach directory.

I wasn't familiar with org-attach. Seeing the gist of it, and with dir
creation handled, what about updating org-agenda-files with the new
files (script or something), or just defining a top level dir to
search:
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11384516/how-to-make-all-org-files-under-a-folder-added-in-agenda-list-automatically

If this could be done, a file tag matching the directory name could
perhaps be used. Or just match the file name to something related to
the customer/user (in my standard agenda search you just see the name
of the file and the tags, not the parent dir name).

Just an idea.

John