Re: [O] Changing org-block background with org-src-fontify-natively

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Changing org-block background with org-src-fontify-natively
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:12:09 +0200

Hi Alan,

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

>>> How exactly do you get the pencil instead of the #+BEGIN_SRC and
>>> #+END_SRC?
>>
>> Prettify-symbols-mode, I'm using the version that will be shipped with
>> Emacs 25.1.  Details here:
>>
>>     https://pank.eu/blog/pretty-babel-src-blocks.html
>
> This is great, thanks a lot!
>
> One thing I don't understand is how I reveal what is hidden by the
> burger symbol. I move my cursor around, including on top of the burger,
> and nothing changes. Should I run some command to reveal it?

Indeed.  That's the main selling point of prettify-symbols-mode.  It might
be in Emacs-25; check if the variable prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point
is defined.  I use:

    (setq prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point 'right-edge)

If time allows, I will rewrite it as a separate mode as prettify-symbols
mode is not quite right for this purpose.

Rasmus

--
Human: An animal that complicates things more than strictly necessary