Re: [O] capture with iceweasel/firefox -- nothing works

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] capture with iceweasel/firefox -- nothing works
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 06:04:47 +0300

Hi

i will add that im exactly in the same situatuon
i use a window manager (i3) on arch linux and have tried almost every solution out there (with FF, chrome etc) with no working method.
i really wish org-protocol had a much simpler way of capturing links,text tec. im not a programmer but to me it seems so complicated. it the past before i was using org i had a simple bash script that yanked links/text from dwb (a simple web browser) and added that to a text file. something like this

#!/bin/bash
# dwb: xtm
task add pro:dl +music $DWB_TITLE $DWB_URI

where the current title+URI of the webpage was added to a text file (task add) command.

would love something simple like that for orgmode

best