Re: [O] B_column does not insert :BEAMER_COL:

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] B_column does not insert :BEAMER_COL:
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 15:25:14 +0200

> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Right - that works. But Why do the others have B_ names, while this
>> environment has BMCOL?
>
> "BMCOL" is a terrible name. However, it is not an environment per se
> since it controls both "columns" and "column" environments.

To quote from the Beamer Manual (emphasis added):

12.7 Splitting a Frame into Multiple Columns:

,----
| The *main environment for creating columns* is called columns. Inside
| this environment, you can either place several *column environments*,
| each of which creates a new column, or use the \column command to
| create new columns.
`----

But I think you are referring to BMCOL. This adds the :BEAMER_col:
property, which is converted on export to the column environment with
the given width, i.e. the same as B_column plus the width in
PROPERTIES. As far as I see, it does nothing with the columns
(B_columns) environment - or am I missing something here?

> There is a use-case for handling "columns" independently on "BMCOL"
> (i.e., add specific options to the environment). I'm not so sure about
> "column". There might be the same reason.

I don't think one can use B_columns without specifying the width
in :PROPERTIES: and nothing stops me to add additional PROPERTIES in the
BMCOL property.

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug