Re: [O] PATCH: ox: Starting source code export at non-zero (-n value)

From: Brian Carlson
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH: ox: Starting source code export at non-zero (-n value)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 23:06:47 -0400

On 2016-05-24 16:33, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Completing myself

Great. Thanks! Very much appreciated. I went back and forth on the tests
with the "string formatting." I should have gone with my original thoughts ;)
The fixes to (org-export-get-loc) were a bit beyond my skill level.
I don't work in lisp/scheme/emacs-lisp too much. Usually I know just enough
to be dangerous ;)

So Thanks!

>> Applied, with a small refactoring. Thank you.

No problem. Hope it helps others.

>> Please let us know when the FSF paperwork is done

I put the signed paperwork into the mail this evening.

> Also, could you provide and ORG-NEWS entry for that patch?

Sure. I'll use previous entries as a starting point.
I was thinking that the entry should go under: Version 9.0/New Features/Export/
unless there's a more appropriate place in the Document.

Here's what I thought about putting. I can make a patch if that is preferred
means of submission. If what I've written doesn't make sense let me know.

**** Line Numbering in SRC/EXAMPLE blocks support arbitrary start number
The -n option to SRC and EXAMPLE blocks can now take an numeric argument to
specify
the staring line number for the source or example block. The +n option can now
take a numeric argument that will be added to the last line number from the
previous block as the starting point for the SRC/EXAMPLE block.
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp -n 20
;; this will export with line number 20
(message "This is line 21")
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp +n 10
;; This will be listed as line 31
(message "This is line 32")
#+END_SRC

I realize that the org texinfo manual probably needs to be updated, as well. I'll take a stab at updating that unless someone else wants to take that on.

Thanks,
;-b