[O] lists in tables (latex export)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] lists in tables (latex export)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 20:34:21 +0000

Hello

The following minimal example shows one possibility to have lists in
a table using LaTeX

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{varwidth}

\begin{document}

\begin{center}
  \begin{tabular}{ll}
      \begin{varwidth}{\linewidth}
      \begin{itemize}
        \item this
        \item that
      \end{itemize}
    \end{varwidth}
    &
      \begin{varwidth}{\linewidth}
      \begin{itemize}
        \item 1
        \item 2
      \end{itemize}
    \end{varwidth}
  \end{tabular}
\end{center}
\end{document}

As far as I know orgmode does not support really lists in tables nor
does it allows it to export them.

Are there any plans for the future concerning such a feature?

Rationale: Lists in tables come in handy in this so called SWOT analysis
which I unfortunately have to do in the next future. Orgmode has been a
great help in editing tables in latex, that is why it were great if it
could also support to export lists in tables.

regards

Uwe Brauer