Re: [O] error: org-meta-return release_8.3.4.zip

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] error: org-meta-return release_8.3.4.zip
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:40:46 -0400

Mambo Levis <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:45 PM, Mambo Levis <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I reported an issue (see bellow). How can I see its status? I open
> an account in lists.gnu.org
> Mailing Lists but I couldn't find
> how to search for a reported issue.

Did you send it to the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list or to the org-mode
mailing list? If the latter, you cannot check its status: org-mode does
not have a bug tracking system as such. You need to wait for a
maintainer or other interested party to respond (please, wait at least a
week before pinging the list again: it might take a while for
somebody to get around to it, but after a week or so, it's a fair
supposition that it fell through the cracks).

For the specific problems you are reporting below, it looks to me
as if you are missing some initialization. I would add

(require 'org-loaddefs)

to init-org-minimal.el and try again.

For the "mixed installation" problem, please search the list: there
have been tens or hundreds of these problems reported. The best way
to avoid it is to follow the instructions in

(info "(org) Installation")

exactly and use a tried-and-true method rather than going your own way.

HTH, but please realize it's all untested conjecture.

--
Nick