Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 18:11:50 +0100

On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 17:06, Ken Mankoff wrote:

[...]

> Thanks for clarifying your workflow. That seems to work for a small
> example. But what would you do if you had a manuscript with 100 code
> blocks in it? And in general you're exporting it a lot without
> changing anything in code, just editing the non-code text. But
> occasionally you want to modify a code block (and its results) too?

So, if I understand correctly, you have org-export-babel-evaluate set to
nil?  If I set that, I no longer get asked whether I want anything
evaluated but the (existing) results do get exported.  I just tried it
to confirm.

> In the above scenario, I used to edit the code, and =C-c C-c= it
> manually to get the updates into the results. When I exported the
> document (C-e l l), it would export in ~1 second (even a >100 page
> document) and not prompt me about executing code blocks.

Yes, I do this as well in such a case.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-775-g3308a5