Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 13:06:44 -0400

Hi Eric,

On 2016-05-20 at 12:59, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> When I export, org asks whether to evaluate the code block and I
> respond with no. The existing results block is therefore exported but
> not changed. If I say yes, a new results block is generated and
> exported (and I can tell because it is different to what was there
> before).
>
> I have org-export-babel-evaluate set to t but also
> org-confirm-babel-evaluate to t.

Thanks for clarifying your workflow. That seems to work for a small example.
But what would you do if you had a manuscript with 100 code blocks in it? And
in general you're exporting it a lot without changing anything in code, just
editing the non-code text. But occasionally you want to modify a code block
(and its results) too?

In the above scenario, I used to edit the code, and =C-c C-c= it manually to
get the updates into the results. When I exported the document (C-e l l), it
would export in ~1 second (even a >100 page document) and not prompt me about
executing code blocks.

  -k