Re: [O] Mixing Python2 and Python3 blocks in one file

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Mixing Python2 and Python3 blocks in one file
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 15:32:04 -0400

On 2016-05-19 at 15:21, William Henney <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think Elpy works fine with conda environments - you just have to
> call pyvenv-activate with the desired path.

Yes, I have discovered that since I sent my email.

> You have inspired me to try and automate this for org source blocks
> (see org snippets below). It is a bit clunky, but I got it to work.
> Let me know what you think, and any stylistic corrections are welcome
> (my lisp skills are sadly lacking).

Better than my lisp. It looks good, but I like to keep my virtual envs in the
folder where the work happens. That is, I create them with =conda env create -y
-p ./pyenv=. I think this means your code below will fail because it is looking
for an =/envs/= folder. However, my method allows all virtual environments to
always have the same name, which could make the code (and testing for the
existence of that folder) easier.

> + One thing we have to remember is to install the elpy python package
> and dependencies in each virtual environment. For instance:

This can also be handled by =~./condarc= and the default packages installed
whenever a virtual environment is created.

  -k.