Re: [O] [patch] get modification-time from vc

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] get modification-time from vc
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:12:57 +0200

Hi,

An overdue "Thanks" for the feedback.

Here’s a new version.

> Well, if you ask, I do not like much when some software tries to
> outsmart me (note that I like it even less when it actually succeeds).
> So, I think {{{modification-time}}} should expand to modification time.

New idea, an optional 2nd argument to modification-time.  E.g.

    {{{modification-time(%Y, vc)}}}

> If you think that is useful, then I vote for a different macro.

I prefer an argument as it gives a clear ranking: get the modified time
from vc, if possible (if the second argument is vc), otherwise get it from
the file system (also default behavior).

>> +                                               (when (org-some 'identity
>> time)
>
>   (cl-some #'identity time)

Is cl-lib OK now?!

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
... The proofs are technical in nature and provide no real understanding