[O] Division of Org documentation: Org manual and Worg (was: Mixing Pyth

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Division of Org documentation: Org manual and Worg (was: Mixing Python2 and Python3 blocks in one file)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 09:10:01 +0200

Good morning William,

* William Henney <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> * William Henney <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > #+BEGIN_SRC python :python /Users/will/anaconda/envs/py27/bin/python
>>
>> Is this undocumented? http://orgmode.org/org.html does not contain
>> the string ":python:" and
>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Language_002dspecific-header-arguments
>> also does not mention this parameter.
>>
> It is documented at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-python.html
>
> You are right that it would be better if the language-specific babel
> documentation were better integrated in the general org info file.  But I
> suppose nobody has been sufficiently motivated to do it yet

That brings me to an additional question I was asking myself a
couple of times: things like this, IMHO basic features, are
sometimes mentioned in Worg but not in the Org manual. Is there a
«rule» that I can follow so that I know where to look?

So far, I had to do full text search on both domains to find certain
keywords...

Thanks

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github