Re: [O] Title/Author missing in Markdown export?

From: Doherty, Daniel
Subject: Re: [O] Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:12:03 -0500

Thanks for pointing out that my manual was out of date.  Looks to me like I needed to delete the stock org manual before the package-based one would show up in info.

Daniel E. Doherty
Law Offices of Daniel E. Doherty
7300 W. 110th Street, Suite 930
Overland Park, KS 66210
913.338.7182 (Phone)
913.338.7164 (FAX)

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

"Daniel E. Doherty" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:08:45 -0500,
> Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Andreas Hilboll <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Using the current git master, any exported Markdown doesn't include
>> > title, author, and date information.  Is this desired behaviour, or is
>> > it a bug?
>>
>> AFAIK it's a "feature".
>>
>> --
>> ⠠⠵
>>

> Rasmus,
>
> Not sure whether you were being ironic on this,

Rasmus is correct. Vanilla Mardown doesn't provide any way to specify
a title or an author in a document.

Of course, if there's some standard way to do this, we can extend
"ox-md.el" accordingly. The same goes for table of contents, generated
as HTML for the time being.

> but I've noticed that exports in LaTeX, odt, and HTML, not longer seem
> to pick up the buffer name as the title as formerly and as the manual
> claims.
>
> `TITLE'
>      The title to be shown (otherwise derived from buffer's name).  You
>      can use several such keywords for long titles.
>
> Same is true of author:
>
> `AUTHOR'
>      The document author (`user-full-name').
>
> I rather liked having this be the default with the option to change it.  So,
> is this the intended behavior, or is the manual wrong?

You are looking at an outdated manual. This change was introduced
2 years ago (commit 604b93892caa8a646ced1ac7089461614bb9bffa). You may
want to search ML archives for the discussion about it.

You can probably use something like

 #+TITLE: {{{input-file}}}

to get the old behaviour back.

Regards,