[O] Request to add support for escaping comments in org blocks

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Request to add support for escaping comments in org blocks
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 19:22:59 +0000

Hi,

I would like to add the Local Variables comment block to my org file (for documentation purpose) without affecting the actual local variable values in that buffer.

Here is a minimum working example:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
,#+STARTUP: align
,* COMMENT Local Variables
,# Local Variables:
,# fill-column: 90
,# End:
#+END_SRC

The problem with above is that the commas before the comments are seen in the export too.

The ASCII export looks like this:

,----
| #+STARTUP: align
| * COMMENT Local Variables
| ,# Local Variables:
| ,# fill-column: 80
| ,# End:
`----

If I instead have

#+BEGIN_SRC org
,#+STARTUP: align
,* COMMENT Local Variables
# Local Variables:
# fill-column: 80
# End:
#+END_SRC

the export looks fine (below) .. but then that corrupts the local variables in that buffer.

,----
| #+STARTUP: align
| * COMMENT Local Variables
| # Local Variables:
| # fill-column: 80
| # End:
`----

Can we please add support for comma escaped comments in source blocks?

Thanks.

Kaushal

Kaushal Modi