Re: [O] Clocking work time vs. office time

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking work time vs. office time
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:16:52 +0100

Hi Marcin,

I am not sure if this will help but...

I keep clocking information completely separate from the individual
tasks.  This may go against the grain for typical org usage but it works
for me.

I have a clocking hierarchy defined which includes headlines for
each project etc. and clock these in and out as required.  The actual
task contents for each task will appear in separate files that have no
clocking information. This then frees me to up to have whatever clocking
structure I want.  I do this because the reporting information that I
need to provide does not actually align with the real tasks in my case
so my separate clocking hierarchy provides a different "view" into my
tasks.

In your case, you could have something like this for the "tasks" you
will clock:

#+begin_src org
  ,* office
  ,** task a
  ,** task b
  ,** task d
  ,* out of office
  ,** task a
  ,** task c
#+end_src

where, in this case, tasks b and d are only done in the office, task c
only outside/remotely and task a can take place in either place.  It
means duplicating the headlines that could appear in either site but the
actual task detail etc. is somewhere else and not duplicated.

You could put links in each headline to the actual task contents for
easy navigation, of course.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.92.1, Org release_8.3.4-739-g789412