[O] Bug: various short questions about column view, code blocks and expo

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: [O] Bug: various short questions about column view, code blocks and export [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-759-g9508dc @ /home/youngfrog/sources/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:41:18 +0200

Hi all,

The inlined file below contains both the material needed to reproduce
the problems I have and a description of those.

* a tree with some info for column view
  :PROPERTIES:
  :ID:       monid
  :COLUMNS:  %25ITEM %PROP
  :END:
** foo
   :PROPERTIES:
   :PROP:     yow
   :END:
** bar
   :PROPERTIES:
   :PROP:     bow
   :END:
** baz
   :PROPERTIES:
   :PROP:     low
   :END:
* show the column view here
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id monid :skip-empty-rows t
| ITEM | PROP |
|------+------|
| foo  | yow  |
| bar  | bow  |
| baz  | low  |
#+END:
* use the data from the column view in a src block
#+BEGIN_SRC elisp :var chap = mytable :exports results
  'anything
#+END_SRC

* discussion
I open this org file with :
: emacs -q -L ~/sources/org-mode/lisp -l org.el --eval '(setq
org-export-babel-evaluate nil)' tmp/mytest.org
where tmp/mytest.org is the name of the file.

First, I notice that adding the :ARCHIVE: tag to the first headline
and trying to show column view doesn't work. it seems to do
nothing. Ok so let's remove that tag again.

Now, hitting =C-c C-c= in the code block gives ~Reference not
found~. Which reference is it ? IDK.

Removing the TBLNAME line and hitting =C-c C-c= on the code block
again now gives ~Reference `mytable' not found in this buffer~. I
guess it's a better error ?

Now when I'm trying to export, I get the same errors as above, even
though I have =org-export-babel-evaluate= set to =nil=.

I honestly don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it's org acting weird.

I have Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-759-g9508dc @
/home/youngfrog/sources/org-mode/lisp/)
I have GNU Emacs 24.5.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.10) of
2015-05-18 on localhost
--
Nicolas Richard