[O] PATCH: invoking RET on agenda clock log line ends up with point in c

From: Derek Feichtinger
Subject: [O] PATCH: invoking RET on agenda clock log line ends up with point in closed clock drawer
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 05:29:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hello

A longer time ago, hitting RET on an agenda clock log line brought up the
respective org buffer with the cursor positioned on the clock line. At some
point this stopped to work cleanly, at least when using clock drawers. The
clock drawer would always be closed (even when it was opened in the org
buffer before jumping.) with the cursor being in the hidden drawer. So, it
became impossible to find the target clock line for e.g. modifying it.

I had fixed it for myself a longer time ago and forgot to submit my proposal
for a patch, until yesterday another user raised my attention to it.

My proposal for a patch is

;; when jumping to the agenda from a log message, the point ends up at
;; a CLOCK item in a LOGBOOK drawer, but the drawer gets closed, even
;; if the drawer was open before. I add a drawer opening function to
;; the respective agenda hook
(defun org-open-if-in-drawer ()
  (let ((element (org-element-at-point)))
    (while (and element
                (not (memq (org-element-type element)
                           '(drawer property-drawer))))
      (setq element (org-element-property :parent element)))
    (when element
      (let ((pos (point)))
        (goto-char (org-element-property :begin element))
        (org-flag-drawer nil)
        (goto-char pos)))))

(add-hook 'org-agenda-after-show-hook #'org-open-if-in-drawer)

Best regards,
Derek