Re: [O] New Beamer environment selection problem

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: [O] New Beamer environment selection problem
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:39:36 +0300

>> The newest versions of org (pulled from git) introduced a problem in my
>> use of beamer. Consider the following org file
>>
>> #-------------------------------------------------------------------
>> #+STARTUP: beamer
>> * foo
>> ** bar
>> #-------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Earlier, when I moved my cursor to the end of word "bar" and pressed
>> "C-c C-b" for (org-beamer-select-environment), I was able to select a
>> beamer environment. Now I get an error
>>
>> apply: Wrong number of arguments: max, 0
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I cannot reproduce it. Could you send a detailed backtrace?

Is this detailed enough?

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments max 0)
  max()
  apply(max nil)
  org-fast-tag-selection(nil nil nil nil)
  org-set-tags()
  org-beamer-select-environment()
  call-interactively(org-beamer-select-environment nil nil)
  command-execute(org-beamer-select-environment)

> Could you also check you're not experiencing a mixed installation?

This is a printout of (org-version):

Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-758-g1daac7 @
/home/jarmo/addons/emacs-packages/org/lisp/)

Also, in (list-load-path-shadows) all the directories that hide other
stuff point to the up-to-date org installation. In addition, in my
.emacs, load-path is updated to include the correct org lisp directory
before any org stuff is loaded.

But it is true that this isn't the only weird thing I have seen
recently. I still haven't been able to solve my Babel shell problem I
posted earlier.

Jarmo