[O] pandoc-style citations

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: [O] pandoc-style citations
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 06:53:12 +0200

Hello,

I see that there were several extensive and fruitful discussions on this list last year on citation syntax. There seemed to be a reasonable degree of consensus that pandoc-style citation syntax was at the least a good model.

I'd like to know if there are any implementations out there of elisp to parse pandoc citation syntax and turn it into latex \cites. My question is not so much "when/if this will be in org mode" but rather whether there's something I can drop in now (likely as a link type).

I have a lot of longish citations with multiple references each with their own pre- and post- ("'blah blah blah @ref1, p.23, also @ref2, for a contrary view see @ref3 pp148-152") that end up as \cites. However my home-brew link solution, stuffing the multiple pre- and posts- with separator into the link description is unwieldy - difficult to write, hard to read and easy to get wrong or breaking output.

thanks
alex