Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:17:32 -0700

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, Nick Dokos wrote:

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

        I am trying to run R source code blocks on a remote server (defined in
my ~/.ssh/config as
        cesp).

        I am facing several problems.

        1.  The following sample block, when used with ":results value" does
not give any results.

        #+NAME: level1
        #+begin_src R :results value :exports results :colnames yes :hline yes
:session cesp :dir /cesp:
        /home/vikas/
        c(1:5)
        #+end_src

        I get the following message:

        tramp-flush-directory-property: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

You might also want to ping Michael Albinus on the tramp mailing list about
this.

And contrary to what I said earlier this *is* related to compilation. Not sure if this is a tramp issue for ob-comint.el issue.

Details:

If I run org-reload uncompiled, C-u C-c C-x !, code like

#+BEGIN_SRC R :session :dir /address@hidden:/userdir
c(3,2,6)
#+END_SRC

runs fine and produces the expected result.

But reloading compiled, C-c C-x !, the code produces the

: tramp-flush-directory-property: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

message.

HTH,

Chuck