Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Using tramp to run R source code blocks on remote server
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:04:49 -0700

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Charles C. Berry wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Charles C. Berry wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Vikas Rawal wrote:

I am trying to run R source code blocks on a remote server (defined in my ~/.ssh/config as cesp).

I am facing several problems.

1. The following sample block, when used with ":results value" does not give any results.

#+NAME: level1
#+begin_src R :results value :exports results :colnames yes :hline yes :session cesp :dir /cesp:/home/vikas/
c(1:5)
#+end_src

I get the following message:

tramp-flush-directory-property: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

I think this is an issue with having different version of ESS on your local and remote systems.

OOPS!

The `different versions' issue affected my setup. But after correcting it, I still get the error you cited above.

Not sure exactly where the fault lies.

Maybe in `org-babel-comint-eval-invisibly-and-wait-for-file', but I am not sure what/how.

I tried to instrument the function (C-u C-M-x on the function source) and run it. And it ran without error when I stepped thru it. Then I removed instrumentation with C-M-x and reran - again no error.

I tried removing the *.elc and restarting emacs, but that seems to make no difference - the error is still there till I instrument the code.

Until this is sorted out, you might try the instrument/uninstrument gambit as a workaround.

HTH,

Chuck