Re: [O] Bug: File mode specification error opening Org file without head

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: File mode specification error opening Org file without headline on first line [8.3.4 (8.3.4-39-ge0acd8-elpa @ /home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160418/)]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:41:25 -0400

address@hidden (N. Jackson) writes:

> For several months now I have been getting the error "File mode
> specification error: (error Before first heading)" when I open some of
> my Org files. [After the error message, the file opens just fine and Org
> works normally.]

I'm not able to reproduce this with your test file.  Do you see the
error if you load Org with no other packages and no configuration?
Based on your configuration dump, it seems like you're using outshine,
in which case this may have already been reported [1].  That issue seems
to be fixed in the latest version of outshine.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/100973/focus=101007

--
Kyle