Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:07:10 +0800

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 11-04-2016, at 13:56, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Add another one. :-)
>>>
>>> That said, though, I am finding the behavior of KeySnail's hok's very
>>> flexible (follow the link, open multiple links in tabs, open link in a tab
>>> and switch to it, open in a tab but do not switch to it, open in a new
>>> window, copy the link, save [download] the link, etc).
>>
>> Hok, the history search plugin, and the download manager plugin are all
>
> Eric, do you mean the dlbsnail and S3.dlbsnail? Or do you mean the
> "LinkDownloads"? The last one I've not been able to get to work (seems to
> do nothing).

I only installed the dlbsnail, and I think it works okay.

> In fact, after these couple of days of usage, I have tweaked the config so
> that most of my muscle memory with Conkeror does not need to be
> changed. But the download thing is still not great because when I try to
> save something I am eventually offered one of those dreaded pop-up
> file-explorer-like windows.
>
> In contrast, with Conkeror after typing a key (s) and the hint, in the
> bottom mini-buffer like I can use common Emacs keybindings to modify
> path, names, etc.
>
> Am I am missing something?

Not so far as I know -- the open-file dialogue is probably the biggest
remaining annoyance for me, as well. I did like the Emacs-like
minibuffer thing that Conkeror had.

Apart from that, though, this setup is fairly Conkeror like. Just
faster, and with fewer mysterious silent crashes!